Cotton Belt Depot Museum
210 East Oakwood Street, Tyler, TX
The Cotton Belt Depot was opened to the public in 1905 and continued service until the last passenger train, #8, departed in April 1956. In 1988 the Southern Pacific deeded the depot to the City of Tyler. The City restored the depot to her orginal beauty in 2003.
Today the depot facilitates the Cotton Belt Depot Museum in the old baggage section on the east end of the building. It is staffed by volunteers from the Cotton Belt Rail Historical Society, Tyler Tap Chapter. The Depot Museum has welcomed visitors from all 50 States, the District of Columbia and over 45 foreign countries. Over 300 visiters visit the depot each month and tours are conducted daily.
Artifacts, memorabila, and pictures from the "Cotton Belt" in Tyler, Texas. Winfield paintings.
The famous "Bragg Train Collection" of Lionel Electric Trains that includes over 200 engines and 1600 cars donated by Sharon Bragg.
There are operating O, HO and N scale model railroads.
Union Pacific Railroad's west bound Corsicana Sub runs freight trains past the depot.
Open from 10-4 Monday through Saturday except Holidays.
FREE admission. Donations are appreciated.
Group Tours by Appointment Only Please.
1st Passenger train at the depot in 1905
Site updated 2/12/2014. Webmaster P T Royal email@example.com
The Cotton Belt Train Show
April 25, 26 2015
Attention Modelers: DCC Workshop
(Saturday 11:30 and 1:30 Sunday 11:30)
See you at the Train Show in May
(For more information click on Events)
Christmas Orniment , $20.00 plus postage. On sale at the Museum.
Please call 903-595-7232
Open 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM, Mon-Sat
Sponsored by Cotton Belt Rail Historical Society, Tyler Tap Chapter
This is what we are about. Bring the kids but be aware, they will not want to leave..
We are bringing this SSW business car back to her home in Tyler. Follow along with the story of the journey back to her former glory by clicking on "Journey of the James P. Dougless" above.